Everybody loves Zooey Deschanel. The actress is known for her bubbly personality, and she currently stars in the new TV sitcom "New Girl" as Jessica Day, a woman who moves in with three guys. Married to Ben Gibbard, of Death Cab for Cutie, since 2009, the pair split in November.
Are you a fan of the actress? Test your knowledge with this true or false trivia.
True or False?
1. Deschanel wears tights even in the summer.
2. The "(500) Days of Summer" star refuses to work-out.
3. The singer and actress is a feminist, but she wasn't until recently.
4. The 31-year-old is a graduate of Northwestern University.
5. Zooey hates being described as "quirky."
6. Country singer Blake Shelton is a big fan of Deschanel.
1. True: "I am a year round tights girl. I will wear tights even if it's 100 degrees outside," says the independent Deschanel. "Tights are my safety blanket. In them, I know that I can do a sweet row of cartwheels anytime, anywhere without anyone catching a glimpse of my knickers."
2. False: Zooey doesn't mind exercise, but she's not doing it to get skinny. "A lot of people work out to be skinny. That's so boring, and it seems like a depressing goal for a modern woman. I work out to be healthy and because I like it."
3. False: As early as teen, Zooey was an outspoken female for women's rights. At 17, she wrote a rant to Vogue that was published. She tweeted, "wrote this letter to vogue when I was 17 & someone found it! proud of my feminist teen self. RT @wellsbones: https://tumblr.com/xvg2hpk770."
4. False: Deschanel dropped out of Northwestern University after one year.
5. True: "It's an annoying word," said the actress. "'Quirky' is like a nice way of saying weird."
6. True: Miranda Lambert's husband is a big fan of Zooey and his fingers were crossed that the singer and actress would answer his tweet. When she did, Blake tweeted, "Wow... I'd like to thank all the followers who've supported me over the years, haters, PETA and of course Twitter... She finally answered!!!"
So what was Miranda's reaction to Blake's excitement? "Thank you @therealzooeyd for answering my financy, @blakeshelton's tweet. maybe now he'll obsess over something else:) luv @Miranda_lambert."
Shelton's reply? "Busted."
More from this contributor:
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Zooey Deschanel
- Blake Shelton