announced yesterday. And just like that – snap! – there are great expectations for the award show because the real-life pals, who knew one another long before they made it big in showbiz, are quite a team.Buh-bye, Ricky Gervais. Hellooo, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler! The dynamic duo of comedians have been tapped to host the 2013 Golden Globes, it was
Friends since their days with the Chicago improv troupe Second City, the Lucy and Ethel-esque pair – who co-anchored the popular “Saturday Night Live” segment "Weekend Update" and paired up for movies “Mean Girls” and “Baby Mama” – have a chemistry that is all their own. In Fey’s book “Bossypants,” she talked about her excitement when Poehler landed a job on “SNL.” “Weirdly, I remember thinking, ‘My friend is here! My friend is here!’ Even though things had been going great for me at the show, with Amy there, I felt less alone,” wrote Fey. For her part, Poehler told Babble that they became fast friends. “I was like, I finally found the woman I want to marry," she joked.
Although the women have long since graduated from “SNL” and moved on to headline their own comedy shows (Fey in “30 Rock” and Poehler in “Parks and Recreation”) whenever they do collaborate – most notably, their infamous Sarah Palin/Hillary Clinton skits from the 2008 presidential election – it’s must-see TV. And although they are often rivals at award shows, competing in the same category, their silly shenanigans at the shows (photobombing!) often provide some of the biggest laughs of the evening. It’s almost like they’ve been auditioning for this co-hosting job.
Now, without further ado, we present our five favorite collaborations between Fey and Poehler...
1. Palin vs. Clinton: The women kicked off the 34th season of “SNL” with this sketch called a "Nonpartisan Message From Sarah Palin & Hillary Clinton." All we can say is: They killed it.
2. Baby Mamas: Fey played the straight woman to Poehler’s saucy surrogate. “Kate, I want you to put your baby inside me,” Poehler’s Angie said when making the deal to carry her baby. “I want to put my baby inside you,” Fey’s Kate replied.
3. Jersey Floor: During a segment on their pal Jimmy Fallon’s talk show, they got their GTL on.
4. Beauty Pageant Moment: 2011 Emmys: Acceptance speeches get tedious – “I’d like to think my manger, agent, publicist, hairstylist, stylist, housekeeper, manicurist...” Ugh! – so we loved this silly gag Poehler came up with in which the nominees went head-to-head beauty pageant style. Not only did they get a standing ovation by the star-studded audience, but the bit went viral.
5. One Fabulous Photobomb: During the 69th annual Golden Globes earlier this year, Fey and Poehler faced off in the Best Actress in a Television series Musical or Comedy. Fey had some fun with her friend – photobomb style.
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards will air January 13, 2013 on NBC.
More celebrity features on Yahoo!:
- Questions that we hope Barbara Walters asks Lindsay Lohan in interview
- President Obama weighs in on Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj feud
- How Jennifer Hudson and other celebs use clothes to look thin (photos)
- Arts & Entertainment
- Amy Poehler
- Tina Fey