Miranda Lambert, that talented country music star with the pretty face and beautiful blonde hair, is an inspiration to women who are not Hollywood pencil thin. The award-winning songstress, married to fellow country singer Blake Shelton, appreciates her curves and is realistic about exercise. "When I'm touring, I have to think of workouts that don't require a gym. My favorite is running up and down the stairs at the arena, which is good cardio and great for my lower body," she says. And when it comes to diet, the singer uses common sense there, too. "After trying Atkins and doing Nutrisystem a few times, now I'm just focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle rather than dieting."
If you're a fan of the "Kerosene" singer, test your knowledge with this true or false trivia.
True or False?
1. The "Four the Record" singer loves to fish, and she served fried catfish at her wedding dinner.
2. The 28-year-old's favorite color is blue.
3. One of the country crooner's most liked performers is Kelly Clarkson.
4. "Over You," a song written by Lambert and Shelton, is dedicated to Blake's brother who died in a 1990 car crash.
5. Lambert says she's willing to slow down and be less of a "crazy" girl after she and Blake become parents.
6. In 2003, the then 19-year-old placed third in USA Network's country music competition, "Nashville Star."
1. False: Lambert is an avid deer hunter and served venison at the wedding. Miranda tweeted a photo of her bag of deer meat, "Last thing loaded for the wedding!!! Harvested by....me!!!!! http://yfrog.com/gzrgrphj."
2. False: "The one thing about myself that would surprised people is probably that I'm pretty girly at times, " said the pretty country star. "My favorite color is pink."
3. True: "I love Kelly Clarkson. I think she's the real deal. I think she's a great artist, a great vocalist, a great writer. She really has something to say to young girls," Miranda said.
4. True: The "Baggage Claim" singer chose to sing "Over You" rather than Blake. "I asked him a year ago, 'Do you want this song? It's obviously about your life.' And he said he'd rather me have it, mainly because he wasn't sure he could get through it every night onstage. It's one of our favorite songs."
5. False: "That crazy girl inside of me will always be there," the Grammy award winner said. "I don't think getting married or becoming a mom would change that part of my personality -- it just adds to my personality."
6. True: "I was hoping not to win," Lambert said. "The winner had to go in right after the contest and make a record in a couple of weeks, and I wasn't ready."
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Miranda Lambert
- Blake Shelton
- Kelly Clarkson