Kevin Spacey, Kristen Bell and Blake Griffin are among the celebrities, executives and entrepreneurs named in the second annual “Social 25,” a list of los Angeles’ top social-media personalities.
The list is released in conjunction with Social Media Week Los Angeles, which begins Sept. 23, and is compiled in association with “What’s Trending,” the daily YouTube show about internet culture.
Last year’s social-media week was dedicated to Los Angeles’ most famous industry — Hollywood. This year, Social Media Week LA director Drew Baldwin endeavored to construct a list that also honored Los Angeles’ entrepreneurial spirit.
To that end, the list features Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy, co-founders of SnapChat; Oliver Luckett, CEO of social-media startup the Audience, and Zach James and Rich Raddon, co-founders of ZEFR.
The entertainment industry will still have a large role this year, however, as evidenced by a list that includes Spacey, Bell, will.i.am. and Jada Pinkett-Smith.
“Last year, we wanted to leverage one of Los Angeles’ greatest assets, but this year we took a broader approach,” Baldwin told TheWrap. “We’re trying to demonstrate that Los Angeles has a long history as center of innovation — in entertainment, technology, start-ups and entrepreneurship culture.”
The event also relocates this year from Hollywood to Santa Monica — far closer to the locus of los Angeles’ startup scene. Its physical base is the ROC Santa Monica, home to more than 100 start-ups and the former home of Google.
Each day of Social Media Week Los Angeles has a different theme. Day 1 is community, social action and civil engagement, Day 2 is advertising and marketing, Day 3 innovation and entrepreneurship, Day 4 entertainment and Day 5 celebrity lifestyle and culture.
Events include panels with Human Rights Watch, Larry King, venture capitalist Mark Suster and a special screening of “The Fifth Estate,” an upcoming film about Wikileaks.
Here’s the full Social 25 list:
· Ben Goldhirsh, LA2050 and GOOD Magazine – @LA2050, @GOOD
· Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers – @blakegriffin32, @LAClippers
· Brian Robbins, Awesomeness TV – @BrianRobbinsTV, @awesomenesstv
· Chris Hardwick, Nerdist – @nerdist, @nerdistchannel
· Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy, Snapchat – @evanspiegel, @hellobobby, @Snapchat
· George Takei - @GeorgeTakei
· Hannah Hart - @harto
· Jada Pinkett Smith, Dontsellbodies.org – @jadapsmith, @DontSellBodies
· Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti, Trigger Street Productions – @KevinSpacey, @DanaBrunetti
· Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas, Veronica Mars – @IMKristenBell, @RobThomas, @veronicamars
· Margot Stephenson, Sonos – @margotenenbaum, @Sonos
· Mark Suster, Upfront Ventures – @msuster, @upfrontvc
· Nate Warner, Red Bull Media House – @natewarner, @redbullLAX
· Nicholas Tran, Taco Bell – @atsignnick, @TacoBell
· Oliver Luckett, theAudience – @revilopark
· Oscar Menjivar, URBAN TxT – @menjivar, @URBANTxT
· Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Tim and Eric, and Reggie Watts, JASH – @SarahKSilverman, @timheidecker, @ericwareheim, @reggiewatts, @JASH
· Scooter Braun, SB Projects – @scooterbraun, @SB_Projects
· Sophia Amoruso, Nastygal – @Sophia_Amoruso, @NastyGal
· Stan Lee - @TheRealStanLee
· Toby Turner - @TobyTurner
· Veronica McGregor, Stephanie L. Smith, and Courtney O’Connor, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory – @VeronicaMcG, @Stephist, @CourtOConnor, @NASAJPL, @MarsCuriosity
· will.i.am.- @iamwill
· William Barnes, Uber Los Angeles – @williampbarnes, @Uber_LA
· Zach James and Rich Raddon, ZEFR – @ZachJames, @RichRaddon, @ZEFRinc
The post Kevin Spacey, Kristen Bell Among L.A.’s’ Top Social Media Personalities appeared first on TheWrap.
Netflix Releases Clip Touting Its History-Making Emmy Nominations (Exclusive Video)
How Kevin Spacey Created a Schemer for the Ages in 'House of Cards'
YouTube Stars Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, Mamrie Hart to Star in New Movie for Chill, ‘Kevin Hart’ Producer
- Arts & Entertainment
- Kevin Spacey
- Kristen Bell
- los Angeles
- Blake Griffin