Ron Howard has been on both television and the big screen for almost his entire life. If you've ever watched reruns of "The Andy Griffith Show," it might be hard to believe that little Opie is celebrating his 58th birthday on March 1.
In recent years, the actor has been behind the camera as director more often than he's been in front of it, and is currently directing "Rush," a film about Formula One Racing.
If you're a fan of the former "Happy Days" star, how much do you remember about his personal life and career? Take this trivia quiz to find out.
1. The grandfather of two won an Academy Award for Best Director in which film?
c. "A Beautiful Mind"
2. What was the first major movie the "American Graffiti" star directed?
a. "Grand Theft Auto"
b. "Night Shift"
3. How many children does the "Dennis the Menace" actor and his wife Cheryl have?
4. "The Andy Griffith Show" was a spin-off of which television show Howard's character, Opie Taylor, was first seen on?
b. "Dennis the Menace"
c. "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"
d. "Make Room for Daddy"
5. Where was the executive producer born?
a. Duncan, Oklahoma
b. San Diego, California
c. San Francisco, California
d. San Antonio, Texas
6. The former child star directed actor Russell Crowe in two films, "A Beautiful Mind," and ?
b. "Cinderella Man"
d. "Angels & Demons"
1. c. The redhead won an Academy Award for Best Director in 2001's "A Beautiful Mind."
2. a. 1977's "Grand Theft Auto was the first film Howard directed.
3. a. The "Night Shift" director and his wife Cheryl have four children, Bryce Dallas Howard, the actress, is their oldest.
4. d. The character of Opie Taylor was first seen on the show, "Make Room for Daddy," later known as "The Danny Thomas Show," in 1960.
5. a. Ronald William Howard was born in Duncan, Oklahoma on March 1, 1954, but raised in Hollywood by parents who were both actors.
6. b. "The Da Vinci Code" director and producer worked with Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind," and 2005's "Cinderella Man."
How many did you get right?
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Ron Howard
- Opie Taylor
- Bryce Dallas Howard