This Safe Haven star -- who reportedly split recently with American Idol host Ryan Seacrest -- has several new projects in the works, including a planned series with her brother Derek that intends to "explore the darker side of the glamorous world of ballroom dance." Here are five things you probably don't know about Julianne Hough.
1. While living in London to study dance as a young girl, she often listened to country music by Shania Twain to get over homesickness. "My British friends were like, 'You're a hick!'" she told People magazine.
2. She helped choreograph Gwen Stefani's video for Wind It Up.
3. As a kid, played the bongos and sang in her family's band, White Lightning. "We were kind of known as the blond Osmonds," she once told the Associated Press. "We were known as White Lightning because of our hair. It's kind of embarrassing now."
4. Before hitting it big on Dancing with the Stars, Hough appeared on the short-lived game show Show Me the Money.
5. Secured a regular spot on Dancing with the Stars after pro dancer Kym Johnson sustained an injury that forced her to drop out for the rest of the season.
Star Sightings: Celebrity Candids
Are These Celebs Too Tan?! Cast Your Vote!
- Arts & Entertainment
- Julianne Hough
- Ryan Seacrest