Omg!

Cory Monteith's Official Cause of Death: Heroin, Alcohol

Yahoo Celebrity

View photo

.

Cory Monteith (Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)

Cory Monteith was shooting heroin and swilling champagne the night he died, according to the official report released today.

The British Columbia Coroners Office, which conducted the investigation into the death of the 31-year-old "Glee" star, concluded that he died of mixed drug toxicity and that it was accidental.

Monteith was last seen entering his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver alone at 2:16 a.m. on July 13, and his body was discovered shortly after noon, when he had not checked out as expected.

The Canadian actor was found unresponsive on the floor, alongside a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, and two empty champagne bottles and glasses, the report said.

[Related: Celebrities We Lost in 2013]

Sadly, the report mentioned that Monteith's previous drug use and his recent trip to rehab probably factored into his demise.

"It was also confirmed that he had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs. It is noted that if someone has abstained from using opioids (which include heroin) for a period of time, tolerance may be lessened," it read.

Monteith, who was honored by Jane Lynch at the Emmy Awards last month, will be recognized by all of his former co-stars, including Lynch and girlfriend Lea Michele, with a special tribute episode of "Glee" on October 10.

View Comments