If you knew Gaga like Oprah knows Gaga!
OWN head honcho Oprah Winfrey recently sat down with singer Lady Gaga at her Manhattan childhood home for an "Oprah's Next Chapter" interview, sipping tea and chitchatting about everything from the pop icon's days as a New York Catholic school girl to her future soccer mom plans.
But while she may be an open book, the controversial Gaga did give Oprah (and her fans!) an inside look at her personal -- and professional -- life. Check out these revelations!
1. Lady Gaga and her mom, Cynthia, recently launched the Born This Way Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to empower youth and to stop bullying. Gaga revealed that she was bullied and teased as a young girl and was actually thrown in a trash can by a group of kids when she was in middle school.
2. Whitney Houston was her greatest influence. Gaga got choked up when talking about her idol, the late Whitney Houston. She said as a child she used to come home from school every day and sing Whitney's version of "The Star Spangled Banner."
3. Back in her early New York nightclub days, she would light hairspray on fire while on stage. Her father was convinced she had "a screw loose."
4. She created her male alter ego, Jo Calderone, to help her understand why she was dating the wrong men. Gaga even revealed that she once dressed as Calderone for a two week period. "I taped down my breasts. I went through a severe psychological change," she said. " I really wanted to delve into the mind of what I believe to have been my vice in men. Why am I dating the same guy over and over again?"
5. Her mom doesn't like it when she swears. Gaga's mom can handle the bloody makeup and the raw meat dresses, but she draws the line at 4-letter words. "It's not lady like," Cynthia says of her daughter's on-stage F-bomb dropping.
6. She sat down with her dad-and a bottle of tequila-to write the song "Edge of Glory" on the eve of her grandfather's death.
7. She wants a soccer team full of kids. "I want kids. I want a soccer team, and I want a husband," Gaga told Oprah. (She's currently dating "Vampire Diaries" star Taylor Kinney.)
8. Every so often, she closes herself off from the world for a period of time. "My creative process can be a bit overwhelming for my mom and sometimes I need to shut myself off and whether I am drinking too much or whatever it is," she said. Her mom doesn't like some of the things she does behind closed doors, but says, "Go through your process but please be safe."
9. She may be a multi-millionaire, but she doesn't own a home. Gaga stays at her parents' Upper West Side apartment when she's in New York City. "I'm a wandering gypsy. So I sleep upstairs whenever I come to New York," she said.
10. Her "Oprah's Next Chapter" interview will be her last one for a very long time. "Other than this interview, Oprah, I don't intend to speak to anyone for a very long time. I have to shut out the noise," she said.
More From This Contributor:
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.