Lindsay Lohan was set to give her first major interview in years to Barbara Walters on the November 16 edition of 20/20, but that chat has since been canceled.
"We are disappointed that Lindsay cancelled the interview and wish her well," ABC News said in a statement.
A source tells Deadline that Lohan's new representatives were dissatisfied with the direction ABC wanted to take the interview. Apparently the Liz & Dick star was only interested in talking about the film and not her omnipresent and ever-evolving legal issues.
Last month, Michael Lohan attempted to stage an intervention for his daughter following a very public altercation Lindsay had with her mother after a night out. A distressed Lindsay called her father following the fight and that tape has since gone public.
Releasing rare public statements following Michael Lohan's claims, Lindsay and her siblings stood strong in their defense of Dina. "I think it's unfortunate that the public had to be unwittingly invited into the lives of my family members due to my father's lies," Lindsay's younger brother Mike C. Lohan said. "I have no good memories of my so called father," Dakota Lohan echoed.
Lindsay Lohan's Liz & Dick will premiere November 25 at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.
They Dated?! Surprising Celebrity Hookups
Star Sightings: Celebrity Candids
Are These Celebs Too Tan?! Cast Your Vote!
- Arts & Entertainment
- Lindsay Lohan
- Michael Lohan