Katie Holmes loves to spend Valentine's Day with her mother. "My mom always made us red pancakes growing up," she said. "Growing up in Ohio, it usually was snowing a lot this time of year, so there were a couple of snow days that fell around Valentine's Day. It made it extra special." Now Tom Cruises' ex-wife continues the tradition. The actress makes red pancakes, flower arrangements and homemade valentine cards with 6-year-old daughter Suri.
Test your knowledge about the 34-year-old actress.
True or False?
1. The "Dawson's Creek" actress lives in New York but hates it.
2. The stylish Holmes has her own clothing line called Holmes & Yang.
3. The ex-Mrs. Cruise's play "Dead Accounts" opened to rave reviews back in November 2012.
4. Holmes is considering becoming a novelist.
5. A topless scene in "The Gift" got Katie an honor from GQ Magazine for her role as Jessica King.
1. False - Holmes' publicist described Katie as the 'real life Carrie,' referring to the character of Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City." The actress enjoys her single life in Manhattan.
2. True - Suri's mom started the line with co-designer and stylist Jeanne Yang in 2008.
3. False - There is more than just a marriage that Holmes has been unlucky in. She appeared in "Dead Accounts," a Broadway play that opened on Nov. 29, 2012. The play received poor reviews and closed early on Jan. 6, 2013.
4. False - Holmes has not indicated that she wants to become a novelist. However, lawyer may be in her future. Allegedly, the actress has enrolled in law school.
5. True - GQ Magazine named the actress and fashion designer one of the Sexiest Women of the Millennium.
More from this contributor:
Note:This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Katie Holmes
- Carrie Bradshaw