Justin Timberlake's new film "In Time" opens on October 28, further cementing his move from singer to actor. How much do you really know about this former boy band member turned Emmy winner? Test your knowledge of Justin Timberlake by taking this quiz below.
1. Where and when was Justin Timberlake born?
2. What talent competition show did Timberlake appear on at the age of 11?
3. Timberlake's first professional TV gig was on which Disney TV show?
4. Where did the name *NSYNC come from?
5. Name the clothing line founded by Timberlake and his partner Trace Ayala that started with only denim.
6. Each year since 2008 Timberlake has sponsored a Pro-Am golf tournament for which charity?
7. In the 2010 film "The Social Network," Timberlake played Sean Parker, the founder of which early online music service?
8. Although he began his career as a singer, Justin has managed to bring in numerous Emmys for his TV work. To date how many has he won?
9. While his Emmy wins have been impressive, his Grammy nods are staggering. How many times has Timberlake been nominated by the Recording Academy?
10. How many of Justin Timberlake's singles have appeared on the Billboard charts?
1. Justin Timberlake was born on January 31, 1981 in Memphis, Tennessee.
2. Timberlake sang a country song on "Star Search" in 1983, but lost to Anna Nardona by three-quarters of a star.
3. Justin was on "The All New Mickey Mouse Club" from 1993 to 1995 with other notable soon-to-be stars Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Ryan Gosling and J.C. Chasez.
4. Where did the name *NSYNC come from? Timberlake's mom suggested using the last letters of each of the members names - JustiN, ChriS, JoeY, JasoN and J.C. The band's final member, LancE Bass, had not yet joined the group or they may have been called *NSYNCE.
5. Timberlake and Trace Ayala founded William Rast, with clothes created by the designer of the same name.
6. The Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, brings together pro and celebrity golfers to raise money for 22 Shriners Hospitals. The 2011 event is over, but next year's fundraiser is set for October 1-7, 2012.
7. In the film "The Social Network," Timberlake portrayed Sean Parker, the founder of Napster and contributor to Facebook.
8. Timberlake has been nominated for nine and won five Emmy Awards. In 2011 he took home three statues, all for his work on "Saturday Night Live" - Outstanding Achievement in Music Composition for a Series, Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics.
9. Timberlake has been nominated for 28 Grammy Awards. He was walked away victorious seven times. His first wins were in 2004 for "Justified" (Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance). In 2007 he won three separate statues.
10. Timberlake has appeared on numerous Billboard charts with 12 singles including, "Sexy Back," "Rock Your Body," "My Love" and "What Goes Around... Comes Around."
More From This Contributor:
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Justin Timberlake