Justin Bieber might look like a prepubescent boy, but he wants us to believe that he's a man now. Yep, the 18-year-old Bieber is all grown up, thankyouverymuch.
"I feel like I carry myself in a more manly way," he tells Rolling Stone in a new cover story. "I don't carry myself as a boy."
That's up for debate: The superstar singer has a lot of growing up to do before we'll ever think of him as a real "man." Why? Let's examine the ways.
1. He acts like an idiot behind the wheel. Bieber was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol after his chrome Fisker Karma topped 100 MPH on the freeway earlier this month.
"Bieber was driving like a maniac. He was weaving in and out of traffic," witness - and Los Angeles city councilman -- Dennis Zine told TMZ. "There was hardly any space between cars as he weaved from lane to lane."
He then called 911 after he was pulled over to report that photographers were chasing him.
What's that you say? You say that lots of guys drive recklessly? That might be true, but real "manly" men don't do that.
2. He uses the word "swag" all the time in an unironic way.
3. No one in his "inner circle" thinks he's a man. Even manager Scooter Braun thinks he has a long way to go before he's considered a grown-up.
"Adult artist? Just because he's legal now doesn't mean he's an adult," Braun recently told Billboard. "He still needs guidance; he's still finding his way. He's no longer a boy, but he's definitely not yet a man."
That's not to say the kid doesn't work hard - he does.
4. His pants routinely fall off his behind. Pull 'em up and maybe we'll think you're grown up.
5. He gets huffy when someone jokes with him. The "Boyfriend" singer hung up on a radio dj after he made a joke about Bieber's mom hooking up with One Direction's Harry Styles.
"I don't think you should worry about me [and my mom]," he replied. "Worry about your mom, bro," and hung up.
Sure, no guys - especially ones close to their moms - like it when someone pulls out a mom joke, but a manly Bieber would have pulled out a killer one-liner about the dj's mom.More from this contributor
Note:This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Justin Bieber