Oprah's BFF has a new gig! Gayle King ends her stint on OWN's "The Gayle King Show" to join Charlie Rose and Erica Hill for "CBS This Morning." It was quite a first day for the new co-host, who tweeted the morning of the show, "Today is the day! Cbs this morning debut w\ @EricaRHill & @charlierose planned to sleep til 4 NOW WIDE AWAKE-cant go back to sleep! Nerves?"
If you're a fan of CBS' newest addition, test your knowledge of the 57-year-old co-anchor with this trivia.
Can you answer these?
1. Who said the following phrase? "Gayle was always around. Everywhere we went she was there. She was Oprah's shadow."
2. Ms. King has small feet, unusual for her frame.
3. King, the editor-at-large for O, The Oprah Magazine, was once married to a doctor.
4. What rapper joked that he was dating Oprah's BFF?
5. Why did the CBS co-anchor divorce her husband?
6. Gayle considers Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and Will Smith and Jada Pinkett dream guests for her new job at CBS.
1. Reginald Chevalier: According to author Kitty Kelley, the Haitian filmmaker claimed to be Oprah's boyfriend back in the 80s before Stedman arrived. However, he claims "Gayle was always around."
2. False: The CBS co-anchor's feet are a size 10, which are also the same size as Oprah's.
3. False: King was married to William Bumpus, a lawyer in Connecticut. With Bumpus, she has two grown children, Kirby and Will.
4. 50 Cent: While rapper Drake described Oprah Winfrey as his ideal woman, 50 Cent joked that he was dating Gayle.
5. Cheating: "I was married to a cheater," King said. "I went to marital counseling. I have been divorced since 1993, so I'm all healed and everything. I have worked it out. I'm not bitter. I'm OK. I'm really OK."
6. False: Gayle's dream guests are Jay-Z and Beyonce and Prince William and Kate Middleton.
More from this contributor:
- Arts & Entertainment
- Arts & Entertainment/People/Celebrity