She played a polygamous wife on HBO's Big Love and makes her debut playing an FBI profiler on tonight's season premiere of the CBS crime drama Criminal Minds. Here are five things you probably don't know about Jeanne Tripplehorn.
1. Became a DJ right out of high school, spinning rock 'n' roll tunes during morning drive time on KMOD-FM in her hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
2. Made her film debut in 1992's Basic Instinct, playing Michael Douglas's kinky ex-lover/police psychologist Dr. Beth Garner.
3. Was called in to replace a pregnant Robin Wright in the role of Abby McDeere in Tom Cruise's 1993 movie The Firm.
4. Met her husband Leland Orser on the set of the 1998 film Very Bad Things.
5. Studied in the Drama Division of NYC's prestigious The Juilliard School, as a member of Group 19 (1986-1990), which also included actress Laura Linney.
Hot New Hookups! | The Latest Hollywood Trends | Summer’s Hottest New Movie
- Criminal Minds
- Michael Douglas