This two-time Academy Award winning actor is getting Oscar buzz again for his lead portrayal in Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln biopic Lincoln. Here are five things you probably don't know about Daniel Day-Lewis.
1. While playing the role of Bill the Butcher in 2002's Gangs of New York, said he listened to rapper Eminem on the set to keep up his "level of aggression."
2. Was considered for the role of Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's drama The Passion of the Christ (2004), but was found to be "too European" for the part, which eventually went to James Caviezel.
3. Is a skilled woodworker and also learned the trade of shoe making.
4. While filming 1992's The Last of the Mohicans, he built a canoe, learned to track and skin animals and mastered the use of a 12-pound flintlock gun.
5. Dedicated his Best Actor SAG Award for 2007's There Will Be Blood to Heath Ledger, one of his favorite actors.
They Dated?! Surprising Celebrity Hookups
Star Sightings: Celebrity Candids
Are These Celebs Too Tan?! Cast Your Vote!
- Arts & Entertainment
- Steven Spielberg
- Mel Gibson