This Grammy Award winning soul diva -- known for her powerful voice and poignant lyrics -- recently announced she's expecting her first child with boyfriend Simon Konecki. Here are five things you may not know about Adele.
1. Revealed in an interview that she wrote some of the lyrics for her popular second album 21 while drunk. She added that she would keep a "drunk diary" to read later for lyric ideas and other inspiration.
2. Has a miniature dachshund named Louis Armstrong that got his name after howling along to music of the jazz legend.
3. Received a letter from Britain's ex-Prime Minister Gordon Brown praising her for keeping up the spirits of citizens during tough economic times and calling her "a light at the end of the tunnel."
4. One of her friends posted some of her demos on MySpace in 2006 and she
was offered a recording contract later that year by XL Recordings.
5. The names of her albums 19 and 21 correspond to her age at the time the albums were composed.
Hot New Hookups! | The Latest Hollywood Trends | Summer’s Hottest New Movie
- Louis Armstrong