The Hugh Jackman action flick "Reel Steal" came out on DVD recently and people that didn't get to see it on the big screen, had a chance to discover Dakota Goyo. But what do you know about the movie's young star? Test your knowledge by taking this quiz.
1. Where and when was Dakota Goyo born?
2. How old was Goyo when he made his first television commercial?
3. What did Goyo tell Rosie O'Donnell he does for fun?
4. What was Goyo's first television series acting job?
5. Name the project for which Goyo was nominated for a Young Artist Award in 2008.
6. In 2009 Goyo was cast in the title role of the ABC television pilot, "Solving Charlie." What did his character, Charlie, do on the show?
7. After a nationwide search, Goyo landed the role of Max in what action film starring Hugh Jackman?
8. Name the 2011 film in which Goyo played a younger version of the anvil-wielding hero played by Chris Hemsworth.
9. Goyo recently reteamed with Hugh Jackman to provide voices for which animated film, due out later this year?
10. What similarly blue-eyed, blonde-haired, former child star did Goyo cite as his acting inspiration on "The Rosie Show"?
1. Goyo was born August 22, 1999 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
2. Goyo appeared in his first commercial when he was just two weeks old.
3. In a recent interview on "The Rosie Show," Goyo described what he liked to do for fun. "I go around riding my bikes with my friends and just going to the candy story and that's really much it. And we play video games."
4. Goyo was cast as Brett in a pilot for a TV series called "Ultra" in 2006. He co-starred in the superhero comedy with Lena Headey, who took on the title role.
5. In 2008 Goyo was nominated for a Young Artist Award in the Young Actor Age Ten or Younger category. He received the nod his role in "Resurrecting the Champ." Micah Berry took home the prize for his performance in "Things We Lost in the Fire," instead.
6. Goyo played the title character in "Solving Charlie." In the role he teamed with his long lost, on-screen brother, who was also named Charlie, to solve crimes. The pilot did not become a series.
7. Goyo beat out all the other hopefuls that submitted tapes in a nationwide search to co-star with Hugh Jackman in the 2011 film "Reel Steel."
8. Goyo played a younger version of Chris Hemsworth in the title role of the 2011 action movie "Thor."
9. Goyo reteamed with Hugh Jackman in the animated film "Rise of the Guardians." Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, Jude Law and Isla Fisher also provide voices in the adventure movie, which is due to be released on November 21, 2012.
10. Goyo told Rosie O'Donnell that he admires former child star Leonardo DiCaprio.
More From This Contributor:
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Dakota Goyo
- Hugh Jackman