Whitney Houston's untimely death has left us all missing her presence. We enjoyed her incredibly unique voice and were looking forward to her comeback in the film "Sparkle." To us mere mortals, however, she was a far away icon and an entertainer. No one will miss Whitney like her family, especially her beloved daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown. Bobbi Kris was the product of Houston's ill fated marriage to New Edition bad boy Bobby Brown, and by all accounts was adored by both of her parents.
In the days since Whitney's passing, Bobbi Kris has not had an easy time of it. The eighteen year old aspiring starlet has already been hospitalized twice. There are even reports that then teen girl had a remarkably similar bathtub incident days before her mother's death. Allegedly BK fell asleep in a tub and had to be rescued right in the same hotel. As friends knocked on the door, Bobbi was unresponsive so her friends called security to break in and rescue her. Unfortunately her late mom was not as lucky.
Whitney watchers often saw the daughter accompanying her famous mother to appearances like "Good Morning America" (pictured above) in 2009. She was also very active on twitter until Christmas of last year. Her twitter bio @REALbkBrown reads, " No weapon of evil formed against shall prosper. Spawn of WH&BB. Dancer. Actress. Musician. Born into Ent. LoveLife. Love yourself. Love GOD! &NBL2all."
Five Things You Didn't Know About Bobbi Kristina
5. When BKB was born in Saint Barnabas Hospital in Livingston, NJ in 1993 both of her parents were present. If musical talent is hereditary, then this girl will certainly have the keys to the kingdom. With her mom's voice and her dad's moves all that she needs to do is stay healthy.
4. Who is Bobby Kris' godfather? That would be the one and only Clive Davis, of course. Davis is the kingmaker who discovered and marketed Whitney to stardom. He was a major father figure in Whit's life. It makes sense that he'd be her baby's goddad. Hopefully he will step in to support her at this difficult time.
3. Krissi was planning to put her musical genes to good use. The teenager had a strategy to follow her parents into the music biz. She even sang Adele's "Someone Like You" in a YouTube video. Her musical interests could be the best way to pay homage to her mother's rich musical legacy.
2. Hopefully, Bobbi will follow only the positive aspects of her parents' long resumes. Last year she was caught on camera snorting a substance that appeared to be cocaine. She reportedly took to her twitter account to rebuke her ex boyfriend who supposedly leaked the photos.
1. Bobbi K's Uncle Gary and Aunt Pat cared for the teen whenever her parents were having trouble. Gary is Whitney's brother. The "How Will I Know" singer told Oprah in 2009 that they cared for the little girl in the fifth and sixth grade, and during Whitney's periods of turmoil with Bobby Brown. The teenager also has her grandmother Cissy Houston, cousin Dionne Warwick and her mother's godmother Aretha Franklin to have her back.
Bobbi Kris was also aspiring to have her own reality show. Her parents famously let us into the inner sanctum of their world with the TV series "Being Bobby Brown." No word on whether these plans will still continue. The main objective of everyone in Bobby Kris' life is to help her deal with what is certainly the worst tragedy that could be imagined.
Our thoughts are with the Houston-Brown family during this challenging time.
More from this Contributor
Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network here to start publishing your own articles.
- Whitney Houston
- Bobby Brown