This respected newsman and talk show host has reportedly held talks with NBC about possibly taking over the Today show anchor chair from Matt Lauer. Here are five things you may not know about Anderson Cooper, whose occasional on-air giggle fits have made headlines of their own!
1. Born Anderson Hays Cooper on June 3, 1967 into one of New York City's wealthiest and most respected families, the Vanderbilt's. His mother is prominent socialite and pioneering jeans designer Gloria Vanderbilt.
2. Made his TV debut at age 3 with his mom on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
3. Suffered from dyslexia as a child.
4. His brown hair began turning gray when he was 20 and he now refers to the color as "salt-and-pepper." He also admits to fantasizing about getting a Mohawk.
5. Once worked as an intern for the CIA and studied the Vietnamese language for a year at the University of Hanoi.
Star Sightings: Celebrity Candids
Are These Celebs Too Tan?! Cast Your Vote!
- Arts & Entertainment
- Anderson Cooper
- Matt Lauer