Michael Douglas is squashing reports that his marriage to Catherine Zeta-Jones is in crisis.
The Oscar-winning actor made his first public appearance since reports that he and his wife of 13 years were ending their marriage on Monday in Berlin.
The 68-year-old was in Germany to promote his HBO film, "Behind the Candelabra" and was adamant that his relationship is still intact.
"I have a crisis at home? No, I think the press has a crisis," he told reporters on the red carpet. "We, we are fine. My wife and I are, are fine. We take a temporary separation, but the press, it gives you stuff to write about."
Though Douglas has remained mum until now, reps for both actors confirmed reports of the pair's separation to omg! last week saying, "Catherine and Michael are taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage. There will be no further comment."
The actors tied the knot in 2000 and have managed to overcome many hurdles throughout their 13-year marriage, including Catherine’s ongoing struggle with bipolar II disorder, Michael’s throat cancer diagnosis in 2010, and his son Cameron's battle with drug addiction and incarceration.
Check out this video to hear more from Michael, and for more of the latest in entertainment news, tune in to "omg! Insider" on television tonight.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Rep: Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michael Douglas Separate
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Says Michael Douglas’s Cancer Was a ‘Trigger’ for Her Bipolar Disorder
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Looks Ravishing Post-Treatment
- Arts & Entertainment
- Michael Douglas