Kate Upton on the cover of GQ's July issue. (Terry Richardson/GQ)
"I grew up in Florida riding horses, so for the majority of my life I was either in boots and jeans or a bathing suit. I understand why my male followers like me," she explains to GQ of her more than 370,000 Twitter followers.
Upton, who was born five months before Bill Clinton was first elected president and is the same age as Sofia Vergara's son, shared a few other tidbits in the piece. I've summarized them below.
1. That modeling is "like any job. You find your strengths and play them up."
2. That she didn't enter into the decision of getting two permanent tattoos (one of a horse and the other of a cross) lightly. "You have to think hard with a tattoo. What will I love for the rest of my life?"
3. See photos.
The July issue of GQ hits newsstands Tuesday, June 26.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
- Kate Upton vs. Mila Kunis: Fashion Faceoff
- Is Kate Upton Too Sexy for YouTube?
- Does model Gisele Bundchen deserve to earn $45 million?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Kate Upton